[RP TownTalk] Litter Pickup

Beth Judy bethjudy4 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 13:33:51 UTC 2013

HI,
My posting is a little off topic - I don't want to comment on whether or
not the Dept of Corrections should pick up the litter in Riverdale.

I do, however want to comment on litter in Riverdale Park. When I walk my
dog, I see a *lot* of litter around town. Even litter right next to the
trash cans. I'm really grateful to Del for doing his part to pick up.  I've
joined in too and clean up the public spaces. I'm not comfortable walking
into someones yard.

Any ideas on how we can encourage our citizens to keep Riverdale Park
beautiful and litter-free? I know some of the litter is generated from pass
through traffic.And the streets seem especially littered after
trash/recyling day - some of the paper doesn't make it into the truck.

Thanks,
Beth
Sheridan Street