[RP TownTalk] Litter Pickup

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 28 11:44:31 UTC 2013

I think there's a lot of people who DO care, but as always, it just takes a few to mess things up for everyone else.  Another problem with litter is apartment buildings; people leave bottles, fast food paper, etc., in the yards. they will also take their trash bags all the way out to their dumpsters and then - leave the bags on the ground for others (including me) to pick up.  If the bags aren't picked up and put IN the dumpster or if the dumpsters don't have lids, the trash is not only liable to blow away if it's lightweight - often into other properties -  but raccoons and rats can get in and rip open the bags and scatter it.  Just wondering - if people DO see large amounts of trash outside apartments, fast food places, and other businesses, has contacting the owners of these places helped at all? I know they can't babysit everyone who is on their property, but it would seem if there's tons of trash around a particular place the owner would be
 responsible for having it taken care of?