[RP TownTalk] ArtsFest2013: Riverdale Park Arts Council's 6th Annual Music & Arts Festival at Town Center

Jeffrey Yorke yorkedial at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 00:34:36 UTC 2013

* *

[image: rp-letterhead-v02b]**

*Contact:Jeffrey Yorke*

*301-502-1243** or Yorkedial at gmail.com***

* *

*ArtsFest2013***

*Arts, Music, Food & Fun at Town Center, May 5*

*Rodney Kelley Jazz Experience, Parkdale Jazz Ensemble,** AEBHF To Perform**
*

*RIVERDALE PARK, MD., February 1, 2013* – The Riverdale Park Arts Council’s
sixth annual arts and music festival will feature the Rodney Kelley Jazz
Experience with saxophonist Russell Lyles live in Town Center at the Marc
Station, Sunday, May 5, 2013. The daylong program will also feature more
than four dozen local and regional artists and artisans, a variety of live
musical performances, the second-annual Youth Poetry Slam!, a burgeoning
Literary Corner, and World of Wheels, our parked parade of vintage
vehicles.

In addition, members of the Archie Edwards Blues Heritage Foundation will
perform and more musical artists are being added to the line-up.

The winner of the Second Gerald King Scholarship for Realism Painting will
also be introduced. The award is given each year to a art student who shows
great promise in realism. The award is named after Riverdale Park’s
renowned artist and local university instructor Gerald King.

Among the top artists expected to participate in the free, rain or shine
outdoor show are popular Riverdale Park jewelry craftsman Tina Van Pelt and
Hyattsville jewelry maker Carol Tisdale. A Call For Artists/Artisans is now
available on our website: www.RPArtsCouncil.org. Entry discounts are
available up March 15 for artists, vendors and authors. Volunteers are also
being sought.

The event, which runs 11 am to 6 p.m., has become a favorite of local
artists. After a recent festival, artist Australia Worsley said, “As usual
I loved it. The location is excellent. Of all things, I hope that you do
not change that. The volunteers are always friendly and helpful. As a
vendor, I look forward to always coming back, so do my family and friends,
they love it. And I get a chance to meet a lot of great people.”

*Select artist and vending booth opportunities are available. Contact Emily
Fanning, president of the Riverdale Park Arts Council, reached at **
301-864-5561 or OurDollMom at aol.com*

* *

*- 30 -*