[RP TownTalk] PG County Board of Education

Lou King lking at knob.com
Sun Feb 3 20:59:34 UTC 2013

Does seem odd.

However, these words sounds a lot like what many employees sign or is
found in company policies where intellectual property may be involved.
In fact the two policies I signed extended for 6 months after I left
those companies.  Their view (the company's) was that they were paying
for my mind and originality and they figured they got ALL of it. So if I
did some "original" thinking NOT at or related to work, they were not
getting all they were paying for so they owned that stuff too.

As for students, I don't remember but others may remember who owns their
Masters or Doctoral thesis?  "works created during school/... hours,
with the use of school system materials, and within the scope of ... [a]
student’s classroom work assignment(s) are the
properties of ..."

I know for a fact the U of Arkansas (where he was getting his Dr.) and
my collage argued over who owned the computer simulation (read business
computer game) I wrote illustrating/implementing the instructor's
thesis. I was happy, I graduated.

I also know of a thesis that does not contain the truth, the whole
truth. U of Missouri thesis are public knowledge and a faster/better
solution to the traveling salesman problem was worth big bucks in 1970
(and now).

Lou
O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop HTML mail - www.asciiribbon.org