[RP TownTalk] Sustainable Maryland

Jonathan W. Ebbeler jebbeler at efusionconsulting.com
Wed Feb 6 21:40:14 UTC 2013

Friends and Neighbors -

I am pleased to announce that Riverdale Park is the newest municipality to
be accepted into the Sustainable Maryland Certified program administered
through the Environmental Finance Center and the University of Maryland.
The Riverdale Park Town Council passed a resolution in Fall 2012 towards
this effort and we received notification today that RP has cleared the first
hurdle towards official certification.

The next step is assembling a 'Green Team' which will document RP's scoring
towards certification.  The team is currently comprised of Ms. Ashley
Wilburn and Ms. Adrienne Allegretti; I am serving as the town's
representative sponsor.  I am sure Ashley and Adrienne would welcome the
volunteer efforts of others would wished to join and take point on areas of
expertise.

More information can be found here:  http://www.sustainablemaryland.com/

Sustainable Maryland Certification Key Points/Highlights

. Maryland municipalities apply for certification

. The program is voluntary

. There is no fee for the certification, the use of the program tools or
participation in the training workshops

. The certification is good for three (3) years from the time it is approved
and the municipality is notified

. At this time there is one level of certification that requires a total of
150 points.

. Municipalities may apply for certification at any time. Applications will
be reviewed and approved on rolling basis.

. Certification does not indicate that a municipality is "sustainable."
Rather it indicates that the municipality has taken the first significant
step on the journey toward sustainability.

Best Regards,

Jonathan

Jonathan Ebbeler

CM - Ward 1