[RP TownTalk] Big Brd

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 13:04:58 UTC 2013

OK, I've posted in the past about a rooster roaming around the Ravenswood Road area, also about the dreaded "chicken bags" on the railroad tracks.  Here's another question that's "for the birds!"

Does anyone in the Ravenswood area have peacocks or some other type of LARGE bird?  I put out some birdseed for the birds and a couple of times now over the past few weeks there's been a VERY large brown bird partaking of the birdseed. Haven't seen it fly, it just sort-of "strolls" around."  It's between 2 1/2- 3 feet tall.  Someone told me they thought it was a peacock, but to me it looks far too big for a peacock, looks almost like a wild turkey.  I certainly don't mind if Big Bird has a snack, but if it's someones' pet, I'd hate to see it get hurt if it's roaming around free.   (have tried to get a picture, but no luck)