[RP TownTalk] TownTalk Digest, Vol 78, Issue 16

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 17:41:22 UTC 2013

Crossing Queensbury Road?  Please, my blood pressure!  Especially at rush hour and/or if the traffic has had to wait for a train, it is nearly impossible to cross from, say, the MARC parking lot on the east side of the tracks over to Town Center Market.  Marked crosswalks in the area might help, but if it's anything like the crosswalks on Route 1 and elsewhere, even if I'm actually IN the crosswalk, WITH the walk signal, just about every single time somebody will come roaring through the light and almost run me over.  And when traffic on Queensbury is backed up from Route 1 to Lafayette as it sometimes is during rush hour, should we even mention those drivers who, rather than wait on the east side of the tracks until they can clear the tracks completely, actually keep their cars ON the tracks while waiting for the traffic to move?