[RP TownTalk] Street by Ernie's Lock

Shera Jenne shera at shera.tv
Mon Jan 21 01:11:34 UTC 2013

I just want to echo what Kathy Galleher so eloquently argued in her post- I don't think it's a good idea to close the road by Ernie's Lock. If speeding is a problem, address the speeding. But why restrict access to a road because of a few bad apples? We all have to check for speeders anywhere in this area- it's a problem everywhere, not just this road.

For one thing, the road really does alleviate some of the congestion on Rt 1 between Queensbury and EW Highway. Which if I remember, people have complained heavily about here. If the way is clear, why shouldn't people use it to get to East West Highway? And like Kathy said, we all paid for it. For the record, I don't commute this way- so it's not a regular route for me- but I have used it to get to East-West before (at a normal rate of speed of course!)

You know what I hate? At the Intersection of EW Highway and ROUTE 1 - GOING EAST-  For every cycle of the red light dozens of commuters regularly use the Right-Turn-Only Lane to get ahead of everyone else headed east. They pull up in the Turn-Only lane at the red light- then DON'T TURN- and then gun it to get ahead of people in the legal lanes. This blocks everyone actually trying to turn right onto Route 1, clogging up the roadway.  And creates a dangerous situation because they have to speed and cut over in order to "beat" everyone else going east the the correct lanes. So if we need cops to look for scofflaws, I suggest that particular illegal activity.

That's my traffic complaint of the day!
Shera