[RP TownTalk] 410 pedestrian crosswalk, median near Beale Circle/Rinaldi's

Jonathan W. Ebbeler jebbeler at efusionconsulting.com
Sun Jan 27 16:14:28 UTC 2013

Lora , et al. -

Not to discuss this issue ad nauseum, but our local police and SHA have been
made aware of the issue.  At some point in the future I do expect signage to
be replaced but this is under SHA's control, not ours.  Unfortunately, we
have to bear the burden of the issue in the meantime.  I am glad to hear you
only received a warning; if you had received a citation you could have and
should have fought it.  Without the proper signage, it is an unreasonable
assumption that it is illegal to do so.

On the other question, Pat Rinaldi has been in a protracted insurance fight,
something I, myself know only too well.  The good news is their insurance
company has finally authorized the Phase I reconstruction for the roof etc.
The Phase II which includes the bowling lanes, pinsetter and scoring
machines will begin after Phase I is complete.  Pat requested some help from
the town in advocating on her behalf in regards to a hefty property tax bill
she received although they have not been open for seven months.  The town
was able to expedite that request to the right place and with the help of
Dannielle Glaros in County Councilman Olson's office she was pointed in the
right direction to ask for a hardship deferral.

I believe that Pat is hoping that Rinaldi Lanes will once again be open in a
May timeframe.  Councilman Lingua in Ward 3 has suggested the town organize
an inter-municipal competition with some of our neighbors including
Hyattsville, University Park, College Park, Edmonston etc.  I think this
would be fantastic and a suggestion I completely support.  Additionally, as
has been general practice with the Economic Development Committee of having
our meetings at various locales around town outside of Town Hall, we will be
holding a meeting there after they open.

Best,

Jonathan

Jonathan W. Ebbeler

Councilman - Ward 1