[RP TownTalk] Let's keep Route 1 Cafritz property Forested. Protecting the Green Spaces within the Beltway.

michelle burns mishburns at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 17 14:41:15 UTC 2013

Since they're only getting permission to use their own property, not take over public land, I don't understand how the Cafritz development will infringe on the town's parks.  The development of the bike trail through it might even encourage more people to get out and use the trails to get more exercise and enjoy the parks that we do have and encourage sprucing up some of the surrounding areas.  Our existing parks would benefit from some extra tax revenue for maintenance, maybe more police patrols to make sure they stay safe to use, and amenities like bathrooms so people will stop destroying the wooded areas.  Lovers of wildlife can help by planting native plants, providing water sources and getting rid of invasive species like English ivy in their own yards.

Michelle Burns