[RP TownTalk] Let's keep Route 1 Cafritz property Forested. Protecting the Green Spaces within the Beltway.

Jonathan W. Ebbeler jebbeler at efusionconsulting.com
Mon Jun 17 15:28:51 UTC 2013

Hi Maureen -

The fundamental difference is that what you presented is a straw man
argument - i.e. my post did not specifically present nor purport the premise
you are suggesting.  My post specifically addressed an individual posting a
semantic fallacy - i.e. calling the property 'undeveloped' to garner support
for a position.  Attracting support for the opposition of this project by
characterizing the plot as a virgin forest being destroyed by greedy
developers is intellectually dishonest when factually it is the
redevelopment of a long-held piece of private land that historically had
been developed and could have been fenced in or trees cut down long ago.  I
presented that the site is not a virgin greenfield as it has consistently
been misrepresented by the opposition to this project.

The town spends over 5 times what is required to obtain or maintain a Tree
City USA designation because we understand the importance of trees.   We
have increased the budget over the last two years for plantings etc. so I
don't think you will find a tree-hater up on the dais in the town
leadership.

Best,

Jonathan