[RP TownTalk] Let's keep Route 1 Cafritz property Forested. Protecting the Green Spaces within the Beltway.

michelle burns mishburns at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 17 16:59:00 UTC 2013

I understand how you feel, Sue.  Where I grew up, there was a lot of farmland and much of that is now being sold off to build "luxury home" developments for commuters to Albany.  But if a family can't make a living on their small farm anymore, you can't force them to maintain it forever just because we like to look at it when we drive by.  I'm sorry every time a stand of trees goes down too, but unless there's public ownership of the land we can only try to make the owners adhere to a strict building code when they do develop their property.  Our town has steered this project in a direction that is infinitely better than what it might have been if the developers had had free reign to do everything they wanted to.

Michelle Burns