[RP TownTalk] Let's keep Route 1 Cafritz property Forested....

Euniverz euniverz at aol.com
Tue Jun 18 13:17:45 UTC 2013

 I propose we cut down all the trees and put them in a tree museum and charge all the people a dollar and a half just to see 'em.

If you want to see animals around here, I guess we can go to a zoo.  Or move. Do we care enough to notice they were gone.

If I remember correctly from the tram tour, the Patuxent Wildlife Research area is also land that was once farmed and otherwise developed to some extent but returned to nature.  It's a critical tract of land.  We're certainly losing those and the Cafritz property is no exception.  Who knows what we'll destroy when we clearcut that space.  The green space around River Road is disappearing too, the parkspace is shrinking.

I'm not for no development.  I would like my taxes to be lowered.  I would like my town's coffers to be supplemented.  But at what price?  Is it worth it?  I'm sure many of us are extremely conflicted about all this; I know I am.

Adrianne Lefkowitz
Madison Street