[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Park Taj Mahal and Community Youth Center

Lou King lking at knob.com
Mon Mar 4 01:12:33 UTC 2013

Melissa Avery wrote, On 3/3/2013 6:53 PM:> Yes!
 > What is the hurry ?

Im sure you read Ebbler earlier:

"You bring up a fantastic point concerning a referendum.  Although we
held multiple public hearings on the matter and it was discussed at
length at numerous work sessions and legislative meetings, your voice on
there has been the lone dissent on the subject.  That is not to say
there aren’t numerous others out there but in public it is what we have
heard loud and clear.  According to our charter, a referendum on the
matter could be filed by anyone that collects 20% of eligible voter’s
signatures in town.  Given that this will first come into play for the
2014 budget ordinance you or anyone else would have plenty of time to
collect signatures."

2014?? Doesn't seem like a "hurry" to me. Looks like planning.

 > Why are none of these very important  decisions that affect every
 > citizen of Riverdale Park NEVER up for a Referendum ?

I'm just guessing but, maybe they are "NEVER up for a Referendum"
because (1) there has not been an issue on which a large number of
people strongly disagree with the elected officials; and/or (2) no one
has taken the time to collect signatures of 20% of Riverdale Park's
eligible (registered) voters.

 > The election is in two months.

Yes it is, And I strongly urge all Riverdale Park's residents, that are
eligible to register, AND then vote. ~~ It is our duty. I'm sure all
participants here are registered, but if not, NOW is the time!

http://www.princegeorgescountymd.gov/Government/AgencyIndex/Elections/voter_reg.asp

Lou
O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop HTML mail - www.asciiribbon.org