[RP TownTalk] (no subject)

Bruce Wernek bruce.wernek at verizon.net
Sat Mar 16 15:12:59 UTC 2013

Folks

I can't believe I'm reading this.  That corner has needed to be rehabbed for
years.  This is an exact replay of what happened when Jey tried to rehab his
gas station there years ago.  It's uncanny how I'm seeing the same rhetoric.
Note what happened.  Did we get what we wanted?  Are we going to do this
again?  To add insult to injury, many of you are complaining about why
hasn't Jey done anything up there.  It's because you don't want him to.
It's not "what I want" it's what he's willing and capable of doing.

I think folks need to understand that that property belongs to Jey.  It's
his money and he's taking all of the risk.  None of you have any "skin in
the game" nor any right to dictate what he does with his property.  On the
other hand, if you want to get what you want.  Put up some money and take on
the burden of risk.

Once Jey clears the MUTC committee, he has every right to build a
convenience store and I for one am 100% behind him.  Given what's up there
now and the history of that property, it's a no brainer.  I don't want my
tax dollars used to purchase his property and build a park or a sculpture
garden.  Look at the backdrop, Ez Auto Rent, Chambers Funeral Home, S&S Auto
Repair, a park or sculpture garden?  Give me a break.  I'd rather the money
be spent on something that would benefit all of us rather than a park that
no one would use like Beale Circle for example.

Jey has obtained all of the PG county permits and all of the detailed
architectural drawings any contractor can use to build the convenience
store.  I think it would be next to impossible for the Town to declare
eminent domain on his property given this level of effort and the related
evidence he could present at an eminent domain hearing.

It's about time we in this Town support Jey in his endeavors to improve our
Town.  We have every right to ask him to do things for us, but in the end
it's up to him.  If we took care of him a little bit, we might get want we
want.  I urge all of you to contact your Town representative and tell them
to support Jey in the rehab of his property.  Let's get this done people
otherwise we will keep getting "what we want".

Bruce Wernek

President Riverdale Business Association