[RP TownTalk] Fwd: Your Action Needed to Stop Baker’s Actions to Takeover the School System

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 12:18:12 UTC 2013

The real question is "What is the right solution?" Dwight has eloquently
written about many of the factors that contribute to a good solution.

Is giving our county executive the right thing?

Let's say I like Rushern Baker and think he will do a good job. Great!

But what if Jack Johnson was elected to be our next county executive. Do I
want a convicted criminal hiring and firing my school superintendent and
determining its budget?

No. I don't.

This discussion needs to be thoughtful - and all angles need to be
considered. A quick reaction is more likely to lead to a solution that
doesn't serve us well over the long term.

-Sarah