[RP TownTalk] Our schools are our future. It's time for change.

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 11:22:28 UTC 2013

I think it might be a good idea too - unfortunately, I have yet to see
the actual legislation. It's not posted *anywhere*. That means that if
it is posted today, we only have a couple of weeks to evaluate the
actual legislation before the state legislature ends its session (and
presumably votes on it.)

I do NOT appreciate the rushed manner in which this is being pushed
through. It doesn't encourage thoughtful evaluation.

Example: The new version of the school board will be responsible for
academic performance, but it will no longer control the budget. How
are they supposed to do that?

-Sarah