[RP TownTalk] Ordinance 2013-OR-02

James D. Holmes jdholmes at comcast.net
Fri Mar 29 13:15:06 UTC 2013

Mayor Archer

The link that you provided is from the March Town Crier that is buried
in the web page.  When someone browses the Town's web page, the first
thing they see is about the Easter Egg Hunt.  If you search the word
"Election"  you receive an error message

"We are sorry but an error has occurred.  We have notified the
administrator of this web site so that they can remedy it as soon as
possible. "

If you select Election from the left column, you see a notice about the
2011 Elections or you can select Election Materials. That will direct
you to the Prince Georges Co Board of Elections web site or download the
Town's Election manual.

The Town should be actively promoting the upcoming Elections.  The April
Town Crier that was recently mailed to all residents only had one
mention of the Town Election.  Councilman Thompson stated "I will be
running to represent Ward 2 again".   No where else in the April Town
Crier was the word ELECTION mentioned.

Again, why is the Election not being promoted.

James Holmes

On 3/29/2013 7:21 AM, Vernon Archer wrote:
> Election information has been on the website since early March
> http://www.riverdaleparkmd.info/Mar%202013%20Crier.pdf
> It will be updated when the ballot is finalized in mid April.
      Vernon Archer, Mayor