[RP TownTalk] FW: Multifaith holiday event nov 27th

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 02:19:27 UTC 2013

Friends and neighbors -
I apologize, as I feel mainly responsible for the situation here. I'm sure
Lou may not be alone in his reaction.  (I have written off list to Lori and
Lou as well).  One must be a subscriber to TownTalk in order to post
messages directly. Normally if a request like Lori's comes in, I will
invite the person to join the list and post it herself.  In the process I
will inquire if they are residents or what their connection with our
community is.  Had I done so I would have learned that Lori is indeed a
resident, and I could have shared that info, or (better yet) persuaded her
to subscribe and post it herself.  Due to time constraints on my part --
being busy away from home most of the weekend, and not able to easily deal
with the clumsy administrator's interface -- I took the shortcut option of
simply posting Lori's message to the list - I put a priority on making sure
it got posted in a timely fashion.

But in general I agree with Emily's sentiments.  Our list doesn't get a
whole lot of traffic, and it's not an easy thing to get information out
about community events in our metropolitan region, where there is no one,
small town newspaper or tv outlet.  So I would lean towards allowing such
occasional announcements, on the assumption that some of our readers may in
fact appreciate learning about them, and others can simply use the delete
key.

Dwight Holmes
TownTalk moderator