[RP TownTalk] [HOPE_in_Hyattsville] Re: [MountRainierMD] Hyattsville Middle Student behavior

Jen Sanderson jensan6877 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 9 02:12:18 UTC 2013

It certainly was not my intention to make it seem like every child in that school acts this way. I was speaking on my personal experiences, which happen to be negative. I was also speaking on my experiences with getting opinions from some people,which also happens to be negative. I live across from the school so I am only speaking on the negative occurrences that I have encountered. Not every child in that school cusses and is disrespectful. Unfortunately, there are quite a few that are and those are the students I am referring to. I have not had any encounters with other students or the CPA program.
Im simply venting my concerns and frustrations about these issues that are a constant occurrence and asking advice from our neighbors to see what can be done, if anything.
As I said, I have contacted the school and the police many times. Not much of a response. The school says there is not much they can do once school is over and the kids are not on the school property. Police can try to be there at dismissal,but if they get a call,they have to go (which I understand).
Today I spoke with Mr. Cox at the school, he said "maybe they can try to make an announcement to the kids during lunch about behaving".
I may have to send my child there "out of necessity", which is the main reason why Im trying to see if anything can be done. At this point, I do not feel that Hyatts Middle is the safest place for him to be. It is quite sad that there are  these things going on so often. If it was a rare occurence, I probably would not say anything.
Jen

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android