[RP TownTalk] zip code change

Jonathan Ebbeler jebbeler at efusionconsulting.com
Thu Oct 24 16:54:43 UTC 2013

We have been in contact with Congressman Hoyer's office about this.  I think it is possible but as Dwight points out will require a concerted effort and some political muscle.  One point is that 2014 is election season, great time to lobby potential candidates even if it is an empty promise it moves the ball.

I would recommend a petition be started (potentially at the counter at TCM) asking people to sign in support of RP having its own zip code or assuming the 20738.  Something tangible that the town can present to the higher-ups at a federal level to say 'come on guys this is an important issue to us locally.'  Otherwise it just looks like a couple local politicians are blowing hot air :)

JWE