[RP TownTalk] Dumb question for everyone - house related

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 22:35:18 UTC 2013

When this happened to us, it was because the foundation of our house
was shifting. We had to get a contractor to come in a pour a new
footing for the corner of our porch that was shifting.

In retrospect, this happened because (a) a very large tree about 3
feet from the footing had died, and the root system was rotting and
the soil was settling, and (b) we had pinhole leaks in the water main
going to our house that was making the ground wetter than normal.

I'd get someone to come look at it. I highly recommend Doug Honkala,
though he can be very busy sometimes, and this type of repair needs to
be made quickly before more damage is done. Doug's number is
301-537-7392 (He has an e-mail address too, but I can't seem to find
it right now. Hopefully someone who has it will post it for you.)

-Sarah

Sarah Wayland   |   www.GuidingExceptionalParents.com
Supporting students with learning differences and their families