[RP TownTalk] Queensbury/Route 1 frustration

Lou King lking at knob.com
Tue Sep 3 18:06:39 UTC 2013

You think the traffic congestion is bad there now, add a "revenue
stream" trap to the mix and the delays would go to a whole new level!

The objective of Rt 1 in the morning is to get cars into town. A trap at
Queensbury would make incoming traffic even slower.  Have you every
noticed on the beltway, I95 or 270 that in the morning or evening
traffic stops seem to be on the "light" side not the heavy traffic side?
Seems to me that morning incoming traffic is bumper-to-bumper way over
the speed limit and the flashing lights stopping speeders, those weaving
through traffic, are on the "other side" where the chase, stop and
roadside distraction will not impede morning traffic.

Are you sure you want to slow down Rt 1 issuing tickets? That will tend
to increase the cut-through traffic on Queensbury, Lafayette and Madison.

Maybe just the occasional visible presents to enforce "don't block the
square" to do some retraining. That doesn't slow traffic, blocking a
lane or pulling them onto a side street to check tags and license then
give them a ticket. Same effect.

Lou
O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop HTML mail - www.asciiribbon.org