[RP TownTalk] Consider CraigsList and FreeCycle before the bulk pickup....

kathy galleher kgalleher at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 14:28:19 UTC 2014

Dear Friends
It's great we have the opportunity to clean out our junk every year with the Community pickup this Saturday.  Just wanted to invite people to consider using Craigslist or Freecycle if you are getting rid of furniture or other items in good condition but just no longer needed.  That way others in need of those items can re-use them, rather than them just ending in the landfill.

Consider sending it out today on our Towntalk Listserv.  OR, on Craigslist it is simple to post an item in the FREE category, and you can label it a "Curb Alert"-- in other words "I have this item I'm about to throw out. It's at the curb at XXX address. If you want it come get it".  All you need to do is post the address it can be found at.  There is no need to receive calls, arrange times, etc.  Just put out the item a day early (tomorrow morning), make the post. If no one gets it, it will go out in the bulk pickup.  But you're giving it a chance for a new life!

The details: Go to the DC Craigslist website www.washingtondc.craigslist.org/
OR, I think this will take you right to the place where you can create an ad:

https://post.craigslist.org/k/ArPYlDvG4xG7cJ8qly72yw/KEDHZ?s=edit
You only need to give an email address, and CL will not post it directly (they have a cover address that protects your privacy). No need to include your phone number.
Thanks for considering this
Kathy

 washington, DC craigslist | choose type
log in to your account (Apply for Account) washington, DC craigslist > for sale / wanted > choose type please limit each posting to a single area and category, once per 48 hours
View on post.craigslist.org Preview by Yahoo