[RP TownTalk] March on dc for community and policing issues dec13th 1030am

Jason bbearjason1 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 20:52:00 UTC 2014

NEW YORK (PIX11) – Following a grand jury’s decision not to indict an NYPD officer in the chokehold death of Eric Garner, Rev. Al Sharpton announced a national march in Washington D.C planned for December 13.

“We are dealing with a national crisis,” Sharpton said surrounded by Garner’s family, including his widow Esaw and mother Gwen Carr.

“How many people have to die before people understand this is not an illusion, this is a reality America has got to come to terms with?”

Sharpton referenced the recent shooting deaths of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Tamir Rice in Cleveland, and Akai Gurley in East New York.

“We have no faith in local, state prosecutions,” Sharpton said.

“While we wait for the federal government to move, we are moving that way [December 13],” Sharpton said.

“It is time for a national march to deal with a national problem.”

When:::10:30am @ Freedom Plaza, 13th Street & Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, D.C.

 http://pix11.com/2014/12/03/rev-sharpton-announces-washington-dc-march-to-protest-eric-garner-decision/

Jason
301-943-3017