[RP TownTalk] ORDINANCE 2014-OR-01

Jonathan Ebbeler jebbeler at efusionconsulting.com
Sat Feb 1 06:45:18 UTC 2014

James -

What spin are you referring to?  You asked a question and I answered it in a very straightforward manner without nuance stating that if the ordinance passes applications for new chain link fences would be prohibited.  It is already well-established that chain link is prohibited from front yards.  That point had already been discussed numerous times in prior posts.

The assumption you made regarding my preferences and/or intent are inaccurate.  There are numerous vernaculars that are historically and aesthetically appropriate much more so than what is used at Riversdale.  I used that fence as an example to point out that the code does not contemplate that individual fence situation, not as an illustration of design preference.  The example was brought about by a prior comment made by yourself stating that the current code was clear on what could or couldn't be approved; the example was used to point out that code does not contemplate all properties in our town and that murkiness can and lead to potential litigation.  This Ordinance removes that ambiguity and the chance for being sued thus saving potential taxpayer money.

Residents are, of course, encouraged to attend the Legislative meeting to comment on the Ordinance.  I have heard from numerous people offline who do not wish to join in the online fray.

Respectfully,

Jonathan