[RP TownTalk] (no subject)

Audrey Bragg abragg7393 at aol.com
Sun Feb 2 13:48:11 UTC 2014

Yes, A 50+ year old business in town closed its doors last night and the "wake" was grand.  Some Riverdale Park citizens, but mostly Hyattsville paid their respects.  My only question is:  How can one be so passionate about a chain link fence and not blink an eye when we lose a part of our history?  I will miss the Calvert House and wish the Salimi's good luck in whatever they do next.  It appears to be a pattern in our community to disregard the old and embrace the new.  I for one, like old things, old furniture, old glassware, old books and old people.  The only complaint I have about old people is that they leave the earth too soon and haven't shared all their stories.  Here's to everything "OLD"
fondly,
audrey

Audrey Bragg, Broker
Gerrety & Bragg Real Estate, Inc.