[RP TownTalk] Looking for an outing on a snowy day

Dannielle Glaros dmglaros at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 14:55:17 UTC 2014

Riverdale Park Farmers Market will be open today.  Please forward to others. Details below.

You know we're fond of you. You can see it in the way our apples shine, our sweet potatoes firm up, and our vendors give that little extra care. Make a date with your food at the Winter market this week. The forecast for tomorrow will be snow, sleet, and snow again. Please come over in your favorite winter transportation: be it sled, snowshoes, XC skis, or confident 4WD or Winter driving skills. Come on in and get warm and toasty inside the Winter Market @ Town Center Market, 4705 Queensbury Road, Riverdale Park, MD from 3 PM to 7 PM.

Through rain, snow & gloom of night, the Winter Market will make their appointed rounds. Sweet potatoes will be in the mix this week.

The good news is that we'll have fresh Berkshire pastured pork sausage rolls with delicious Number One Sons pickles and Stone Hearth Bakery subrolls for your enjoyment.

Groff’s Content Farm will have packaged pork sausage on special at the astounding price of only $7 a package. If you love Ms. Julie’s pork and haven’t stocked up yet, this is your best opportunity. This is in addition to their luscious bacon and other pork products, free range chicken and eggs, grass fed beef, and pastured lamb.

As if this wasn’t enough to entice you to the Winter market, Riverdale Park Farmers Market will also carry a full crate of the very rare Gold Rush apples from Kuhn Orchard in Biglerville, PA. In case you haven’t encountered them, these apples are special due to their very tangy, sweet flavor that requires storage to bring out its superior flavor characteristics.  The market’s stand will also carry delicious Cameo, Fuji, and Stayman apples. Fresh Cider, applesauce, canned peaches, and Ruben’s Hot Sauce will also be on the menu.

The Winter Market will be offering for a limited time the most popular varieties of fermented products from our great vendor, Number 1 Sons<https://www.facebook.com/Number1Sons>
!We'll have limited supplies of:  District Dills, Sons Kimchi, and Kalechi. Get to the Winter Market this week and you won't go hungry during the storm.

Don’t forget we’ll also have artisan breads, pastries, and cookies from Stone Hearth Bakery of  Frederick, MD.

Shabadaba Chic will be doing craft demo's also.

We also need your input on our offerings for both Summer and Winter if you have time to complete the market survey:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5RXWRKN