[RP TownTalk] Friends of the Hyattsville Library – Franklins Fundraiser – Today! - January 21

Bart Lawrence bartkathleen at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 21 11:57:50 UTC 2014

Our local DPWs will be working hard to clear the snow so you can safely arrive at Franklins to take part in today's fundraiser. Don't make their hard work all for nothing...
Bart

Friends of the Hyattsville Library – Franklins Fundraiser – January 21
Mark your calendar! Tuesday, January 21 is the Friends of the Hyattsville Library fundraiser at Franklins Restaurant, Brewery, and General Store in Hyattsville. On the day of the Fundraiser, patrons must turn in their itemized receipts to the host or store attendant and ask that the receipt be added to the Friends’ fundraiser. Franklins will tally the fundraiser receipts and donate 20% of the total to the Friends. The fundraiser lasts all day and includes dining, carryout and general store purchases.

So, please join us at Franklins (5121 Baltimore Avenue, Hyattsville), Tuesday January 21 for this fun and easy way to help the Friends of the Hyattsville Library raise money. The next Friends meeting is Feb. 1 at 10 a.m.

What is Friends of the Hyattsville Branch and what does it do?
Friends of the Hyattsville Branch of the Prince George's County Memorial Library System (Friends of the Hyattsville Library) is dedicated to ensuring the strength and quality of the library's future. We are an advocate for our library and provide a voice for our community to express their priorities and concerns about the library. Our mission includes supporting the library's special programs, supplementing its equipment and material needs, and promoting public awareness of the library's services. The Friends of the Hyattsville Library meets the first Saturday of every month at 10 a.m. in the library's special programs room. Meetings are open to the public. Member dues are at the member's discretion, and we gratefully accept donations from supporters who do not wish to attend meetings.  For more information, contact the library at 301-985-4690.
What Does the Friends of the Hyattsville Library Do?
The following highlights of the Friends of the Hyattsville Library’s 2012/2013 accomplishments:
·       Fully funded numerous Summer Reading Programs, reaching more than 500 local children
·       Purchased materials for staff-hosted library programs
·       Provided honorarium and refreshments for the Hyattsville Library Independent Film Series, which has seen more than 500 attendees
·       Organized and held Spring festival, a celebration of the library including a used book sale, refreshments, open mike, and entertainers
·       Paid for contracted performers for numerous library programs
·       Provided DVD cabinet to eliminate waiting time for TV programs
·       And more!
Friends of the Hyattsville Library volunteers also runs the Novel Endings Used Bookstore located on the lower level of the Hyattsville branch, which is now reopened.
Friends of the Hyattsville Library — Connecting the community with its greatest resource.