[RP TownTalk] (no subject)

Jonathan Ebbeler jebbeler at efusionconsulting.com
Fri Jan 31 19:37:44 UTC 2014

I apologize if I missed your question. Normally the chair of the committee would introduce this. This ordinance came out of Public Works so normally it would be CM Henry. He was not present in the meeting it was introduced and given that the legislation was at my request I introduced it.

I am a bit confused on your question regarding public safety etc. The legislation itself does not specify that for a justification. Prior Councils prohibited front yard chain link by Ordinance but left open he question for side and rear fences.  We currently have a mis-match in fence materials in what can be approved for front vs side and rear. This Ordinance removes the confusion so future Councils do not have to argue over what constitutes front vs. side and rear yards.

The existing situation leaves open interpretation to fence approvals that unnecessarily creates confusion between homeowners and CMs trying to advocate for constituents. Do you have a specific question you would like answered?