[RP TownTalk] Saturday/Sunday 1812 programS

Aaron Marcavitch acornhp at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 12 00:17:55 UTC 2014

Hi everyone!

The war of 1812 commemoration rolls on this summer with activities this weekend.

Accokeek Foundation & National Colonial Farm (south of National Harbor) will have a tall ship - the Pride of Baltimore - for tours; as well as music, kids activities, and other 1812 era programming.

Entry is $10/for those over 10. Under 10 free. Program from 11a to 5p.

On Sunday is the military side of 1812 at Fort Washington with cannons salutes, tours, Reenactors and more. $5 per carload. Plus it's an amazing site you have probably never been to. The Pride will sail by several times and cannon salutes will be made.

Don't forget that July 26 is Bursting in Air at Franklins Brewery with 1814: a Rock Opera, aerialists, food, puppets, and activities.

And, we assume you already have August 23 from noon to 9pm on your calendar. I'm literally amazed at what will be happening. Over 200 reenactors and a big battle, artists, food trucks, 1814 era trade demonstrations including a surgeon, kids activities, boat and trolley tours, info tents, and cannon demos. Francis Scott Key and President Madison will be there. And then we start the music in the evening with Stacy Brooks Band playing blues, Letitia VanSant and the Bonafides with folk/rock, and the Navy Commodores with Jazz. All topped off with fireworks! Phew!

Everything is on princegeorges1812.org  but we hope to see you this weekend!

Aaron Marcavitch
Maryland Milestones

Sent from my iPhone