[RP TownTalk] Flag Day Raise it UP!

Aaron Marcavitch acornhp at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 12 15:46:49 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

I wanted to remind you that this Saturday is Flag Day. As part of the program where the Star Spangled Banner (at the National Museum of American History) and the Lyrics of the anthem are joined, the National Museum is hosting a nationwide sing program:

Smithsonian National Museum of American History :: Raise It Up! :: Star-Spangled Banner - 1814-2014

 Smithsonian National Museum of American History :: Raise It Up! :: Star-Spangled Banner - 1814-...
On June 14, 2014, at 4:00 PM EDT, add your voice to the largest group sing of the national anthem in history as we celebrate the 200th anniversary of the Star-Spangled Banner, the flag that inspired our national anthem.
View on anthemforamerica.smithsonian.com Preview by Yahoo

Please consider participating at your local programs.  Use social media with images and lots of fun activities.

And when you are done, don't forget to mark the calendar for August 23 for the Undaunted Weekend program. We have contacted community leaders to encourage them to run their own town shuttles to the program since we wont have parking at Waterfront Park.  Or you can get our regular shuttles from the University of Maryland that day. (Or you can volunteer or be an arts vendor and skip all of that stuff...)

Aaron Marcavitch
ATHA Inc/Maryland Milestones