[RP TownTalk] Fwd: Bright mornings, long days, what a great rowing month!

Kate Kelly mrs.ahkelly at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 18:49:12 UTC 2014

I’ve been rowing singles and sweeps with this group for several years. It’s
a great way to spend time outdoors. There are opportunities for adults (no
one is too old!) and high schoolers in search of a summer camp opportunity.

Kate Kelly

      Herons, ospreys, bald eagles, snowy egrets, oh my, this is summer
rowing!
  Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser
<http://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=0595dace154a1aca42fda2ea5&id=6f3a3113af&e=4d3617f838>.

             Long days? There's more time for rowing! *These are the
longest days of the year so let's grab our rowing duds and get out on the
water! Early morning and later evening classes are both delightful. We're
still looking for critical mass for our sweep program. Interested? Speak up
and let's get started! *Then look around and see what coworkers you can
recruit to learn to row. We are looking for community groups to learn to
row together and compete in our upcoming Community Challenge. Stay tuned!
      This Weekend *Saturday*
Open row. 7:00 - 9:00 a.m. Come enjoy a morning row. Certified scullers
only. $15.

*Sunday*
Sunday Sweeps, 7:30 - 9:30 a.m.
Come join us for a row in an eight. Experienced rowers and certified
scullers only. $25
  Summer Junior Rowing
Time to commit to these super summer programs! *If you have not paid online
please reconfirm the sessions you are attending.* Rowing in our small boats
is the best way to learn to row and to improve your rowing. And the weather
is fabulous!

*Summer Junior Program*
  June 23 - July 25, Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Rowers can also participate on a weekly basis but must preregister
<cindy at washingtonrowingschool.com?subject=Preregistration%20for%20Junior%20Summer%20Program>
and then sign up on this Doodle Poll
<http://washingtonrowingschool.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=0595dace154a1aca42fda2ea5&id=336a0bbcdd&e=4d3617f838>
so others know you are coming.

*Summer Junior Camp*
Camp July: July 28 - August 1,
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
This is a great way to learn to scull, improve your rowing, and do many new
things around the river and the boathouse.

Please see our website
<http://washingtonrowingschool.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0595dace154a1aca42fda2ea5&id=68ba081a95&e=4d3617f838>
for information or online registration
<http://washingtonrowingschool.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0595dace154a1aca42fda2ea5&id=d1912aed41&e=4d3617f838>
for more classes.
     Next Week and Beyond *Charm City Sprints*
Baltimore, MD, Saturday, June 28

*NE/MA Regionals*
Lowell, MA, Saturday, June 28

*Bladensburg Races*
Bladensburg Waterfront Park, August 16, 2014
Join our *Community Challenge*! Gather your community group together and
form your own crew!  With eight rowers and a coxswain you too can compete
against other community groups. Contact us and we'll set you up with a boat
and a coach. Get started now!
  Come join us! We row out of Bladensburg Waterfront Park where the
sheltered waterway provides flat water rowing every day. Rowing groups are
small.

Pass this on to anyone you think might be interested!  Signups are now
available under Washington Rowing School online
<http://washingtonrowingschool.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0595dace154a1aca42fda2ea5&id=fda37677b9&e=4d3617f838>
and by contacting me <cindy at washingtonrowingschool.com>. See the website
<http://washingtonrowingschool.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=0595dace154a1aca42fda2ea5&id=a69a659b17&e=4d3617f838>
for more details.

Come join us!  It's always a good time to start an enjoyable outdoor
activity. Email me <info at washingtonrowingschool.com> with questions and to
sign up.  Come row!

Cindy
202-344-0886
     National Learn to Row Day 2014
  Upcoming Sweep Classes Good to see so many of you at the Learn to Row Day
outing! Now let's do some more rowing.

*Learn to Row Sweep*
PROPOSED: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 5:30 - 7:30 a.m., Saturday 6:00 - 9:00
a.m., June 23 - July 5, $250

Email me <cindy at washingtonrowingschool.com?subject=Sweep%20interest> to
express interest. We need 9 to make our first class!

*Intermediate Sweep*
PROPOSED: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings, 5:30 - 7:30 a.m. Starting
Monday soon!

Email me <cindy at washingtonrowingschool.com?subject=Sweep%20interest> to
express interest. We need 9 to get started!
  Upcoming Learn to Scull Classes This is the beginner course for first
time rowers. Or use it as a refresher course or for graduation to a narrow
single! First timers row in their own wide, stable single rowing shell.

*Weekday Evenings*: June 23-26, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. *Row after work!*
*Weekday Mornings*: June 30 - July 3, 5:30 - 7:30 a.m. *Row before work!*
*Weekend Intensive*: July 4-6, Friday 7:00 - 11:00 a.m., Saturday & Sunday
3:00 - 5:00 p.m. *Get sculling certified in one weekend!*
  *Weekends*: July 12, 13, 19, and 20, 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. *Row on weekends!*

Please see our website
<http://washingtonrowingschool.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0595dace154a1aca42fda2ea5&id=85d19e7617&e=4d3617f838>
or online for information and more classes
<http://washingtonrowingschool.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=0595dace154a1aca42fda2ea5&id=2d2ba29c92&e=4d3617f838>.
Email <cindy at washingtonrowingschool.com> or sign up online
<http://washingtonrowingschool.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=0595dace154a1aca42fda2ea5&id=5965587102&e=4d3617f838>
.
     Where are we? The park is located at 4601 Annapolis Road, Bladensburg,
MD 20710
<http://washingtonrowingschool.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=0595dace154a1aca42fda2ea5&id=5ee70c2698&e=4d3617f838>.
The park is easily accessible from the Baltimore-Washington Parkway,
Kenilworth Avenue (Rt. 201) and Route 1.  Parking is free and ample.
202-344-0886
         | *[image: Like Bright mornings, long days, what a great rowing
month! on Facebook]
<http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=0595dace154a1aca42fda2ea5&id=6f3a3113af&fblike=true&e=4d3617f838&socialproxy=http%3A%2F%2Fus7.campaign-archive2.com%2Fsocial-proxy%2Ffacebook-like%3Fu%3D0595dace154a1aca42fda2ea5%26id%3D6f3a3113af%26url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fus7.campaign-archive2.com%252F%253Fu%253D0595dace154a1aca42fda2ea5%2526id%253D6f3a3113af%26title%3DBright%2520mornings%252C%2520long%2520days%252C%2520what%2520a%2520great%2520rowing%2520month%2521>*|
forward to a friend
<http://us7.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=0595dace154a1aca42fda2ea5&id=6f3a3113af&e=4d3617f838>

   *Copyright © 2014 Washington Rowing School, All rights reserved.*
As a Rowing Fan you are receiving this email to inform you of upcoming
opportunities to row.
*Our mailing address is:*
Washington Rowing School
4004 52nd St
Bladensburg, MD 20710

Add us to your address book
<http://washingtonrowingschool.us7.list-manage1.com/vcard?u=0595dace154a1aca42fda2ea5&id=39fc469086>
  [image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=0595dace154a1aca42fda2ea5&afl=1>
    unsubscribe from this list
<http://washingtonrowingschool.us7.list-manage2.com/unsubscribe?u=0595dace154a1aca42fda2ea5&id=39fc469086&e=4d3617f838&c=6f3a3113af>
<http://washingtonrowingschool.us7.list-manage.com/profile?u=0595dace154a1aca42fda2ea5&id=39fc469086&e=4d3617f838>