[RP TownTalk] trash pick up-still inconsistent

Marianna Previti mariannarose at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 24 14:56:16 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,
I put my trash out this Monday and it was not picked up by Bates-again. This could be because I do not consistently put out my trash on Monday. However, when I do put it out, I certainly would like it to be picked up. It's quite annoying to put back my trash container when it hasn't even been emptied.
It's sort of turning into a vicious circle; I don't take it out because it won't be picked up, they don't pick it up so I don't take it out.
Today I called Bates directly (again). I also spoke to Janice at the public works office. She said she would call Bates to investigate as well.
For what it's worth (and it's worth a lot, I suppose) the other containers on Lafayette between Sheridan and Tuckerman, do not appear to be picked up as well. I have not literally looked in the bins but that seems to be the case; no movement of the bins seem to have taken place nor are any of the tops of the bins open which often happens when trash is taken out of them.
Anyway, this isn't the worst thing in the world it's ever happened to me. There's always Thursday and it seems like the crew is much more thorough on Thursday. But as many people have said, if we are paying for the service it seems like we should get our money's worth.
 Just sayin'...

Marianna Previti