[RP TownTalk] Bates Trash Pickup Today

Marilyn Schoppet marilyn at schoppet.net
Wed Mar 5 13:26:55 UTC 2014

Hello All,

I just wish to vent my frustration today...

The snow fall left us confused as to which day that the trash will be
picked up.  Today is Wednesday, March 5 and we weren't clear as to when the
trash would be picked up.

We did not leave our trash can out and I heard the truck approaching my
house on Riverdale Road.  I decided to run outside and flag down the Bates
trash crew as they approached our house.  The driver of the truck stopped
an got out of the truck to tell me that they did not have time to stop for
me as I attempted to pull out my trash can to bring it to them.

The driver told me that they did not have time to wait for me as I started
to pull the can out...so he went back to the truck and drove off.

I did not fault him, but felt bad because I had already started to pull out
the can and felt that he could have waited a moment for me to deliver the
can to him.

My question is...Will they be back on Thursday, March 6 (Tomorrow)?  I just
don't want the garbage bags to sit there and rot until Monday, March 10th.

*Sincerely,Marilyn Schoppet*