[RP TownTalk] Spring into Fun at Riversdale!

Ferris, Samantha Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com
Tue Mar 11 16:23:01 UTC 2014

Hello!

Riversdale House Museum is springing into a new season of programs! From old favorites like Tavern Night to new events like our Paint-Out Day, you're sure to find something that will excite and delight! For more info or to register for programs, call 301.864.0420 or email Riversdale at pgparks.com<mailto:Riversdale at pgparks.com>.

You can also email me directly at samantha.ferris at pgparks.com<mailto:samantha.ferris at pgparks.com> or follow us on Facebook (facebook.com/RiversdaleHouse).

Check out what's cookin' in the dependency kitchen as the Kitchen Guild prepares a variety of soups Sunday, March 16 from 12:15-3:15pm! If you've ever been interested in joining the Kitchen Guild, why not stay and chat with Guild members during their Open House beginning at 3:30? You'll even get to sample some of their yummy cooking! Just be sure to register for the Open House by March 14!

Kids 8-12 who have the day off from school on Friday, March 28, put down the PS4s and Nintendo's and come learn about toys from 200 years ago during Hands-on History: Toys Through Time! You'll even get to make some of your own!

Artists, gardeners, naturalists, and families are invited to celebrate the lifelong love of gardening Mrs. Calvert shared with her father during Riversdale in Bloom! On Saturday, April 5, artists of all kinds and levels, bring your cameras, paints, and pencils to capture the beauty of the gardens during our Paint-Out Day! We're excited to partner with the Brentwood Arts Exchange, who will have staff on hand to offer support and help! For local artists, you'll even be able to submit works for our upcoming juried show! The next day, Sunday, April 6, shake off the winter blues at Tulip Time! Enjoy children's activities, refreshments, garden tours, and more!

And finally, prepare to raise a glass and toast the warmer weather on Saturday, April 12 at Tavern Night. We'll be serving up some of Franklin's best and bringing traditional entertainment with the sounds of the Ship's Company Chanteymen. Registration required by March 31, but we're already filling up. Make sure to get your spot soon!

We hope to see you soon!!

Sunday, March 16
"Soup's On!" Demo: 12:15 - 3:15 pm
Open House: 3:30 pm (register by March 14)
FREE!

Friday, March 28, 10 am - 3 pm
Hands-on History: Toys Through Time
$18 resident; $22 non-resident

Saturday, April 5, 10 am - 4 pm
Paint-Out Day in the Garden
FREE!

Sunday, April 6, 12:15-3:15 pm
Tulip Time!
$3/adult; $2/senior; $1/student; FREE children 4 & under

Saturday, April 12, 8 pm
Tavern Night
$25 resident; $30 non-resident

Samantha Ferris
Education Coordinator
Riversdale House Museum
4811 Riverdale Road, Riverdale Park, MD 20737
Department of Parks and Recreation
The Maryland-National Capital Park & Planning Commission
Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com<mailto:Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com> / history.pgparks.com<http://history.pgparks.com/sites_and_museums/Riversdale_House_Museum.htm>
301.864.0420 / fax 301.927.3498
Like us on Facebook!<https://www.facebook.com/RiversdaleMuseum> / Sign up for Riversdale's e-list!<http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?llr=rx4axyiab&p=oi&m=1108931018481>