[RP TownTalk] Fwd: Re: Special Legislative Meeting Agenda: March 17, 2014

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 16:48:54 UTC 2014

James -
Allow me to clarify what I said.  If anything I am guilty of thread
hijacking, by referring to something which is a national and federal issue,
while your concern is with the arrangements between Comcast and the
municipality.  I did not say nor mean to imply that issues should only be
discussed at the Town Meetings (though I think it is obvious that official
business can only be carried out there) - I was not addressing that point
in any way.  My point was that the magnitude of the looming merger will
have vastly more of an impact on the rates we pay than adjustments in the
local franchise fee, and I choose to direct my concern, time and energy
there.