[RP TownTalk] Updated meeting and event schedule

Alan K. Thompson webmaster at ci.riverdale-park.md.us
Sat May 17 15:25:11 UTC 2014

Dear Marilyn,

Sarah was correct about almost all meetings being open, but in fact *every*
town council meeting at least starts out as a public meeting, even the
executive sessions mentioned by Vernon, and any vote to exclude the public
must occur in public (among many other legal restrictions).  If we
anticipate that we will have a closed meeting/executive session we will
often put that in the announcement just so people know what to expect.

We actively seek public comment and input on everything we do.  For the
last several "administrations" we have officially recognized members of the
public in attendance as honorary members of the Town Council, to ensure
that you have full rights to speak on any topic we are discussing.

I'm looking forward to seeing you at an upcoming meeting!

Best,

Alan