[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Park FM Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 15:26:55 UTC 2014

*Riverdale Park's Farmers Market*

*TODAY: November 6, 2014 3PM - 7PM*

*@: 4650 Queensbury Road, Riverdale Park, MD*

Get your radishes, cilantro, beans, butternut squash, spaghetti squash,
potato varieties - Purple Majesty, Yukon Gold, Austrian Crescent, French
Red Fingerlings, sweet potatoes, eggplant, cukes, kale, raab, cucumbers,
turnips, chard, jams and jellies, apples, pastured meats, fresh caught
local seafood, free range hen and duck eggs, fresh small batch roasted
coffees, goat gelato, fried goat cheese curds, artisan aged goat and raw
milk cheeses while we enjoy the beginning of Fall. Don't miss it!  Evening
hours are fun at the market!   We look forward to seeing you Thursdays
from 3pm to 7pm at the Riverdale Park Town Center, rain or shine.

*WEATHER: *High 63F & calm. Chance of rain : 39 - 48% until 7 PM. We'll
see...

Feature Farmer: Groff's Content Farm is back in stock with their delicious
grass fed beef, pastured Berkshire pork products, pastured lamb, free range
chicken and hen eggs. The turkey order form is up and ready to take your
order.
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1KCpmd6Iv1gC-dbuNtcu8qUUXzOne_y1W3dex5M-0FNo/viewform>

*Feature News: *

This week, we are pleased to announce the first ever outdoor season
extension to Thursday, December 18 (*with November 27 off for Thanksgiving*).
We also have exciting plans coming for  the Winter Market starting in
January 2015.

Through the generous contributions from the Riverdale Park Town Council and
the facilitation of the Maryland State Farmers Market Association, the
Maryland Market Money program is up and running again. We will continue the
weekly $10 match of WIC (until November 30 & SNAP recipients' benefits each
Thursday until our budget runs out. Hopefully, the program can continue
until the end of the outdoor season on December 18 (*new date!*).

*Growers:* Blades Orchard, Thanks God It's Fresh, Happy Hens Barnyard &
Local Seafood, Boxers Rest Farm, Musachio Produce, ECO City Farms, Groff's
Content Farm, Peachy Family Dairy (goat products).

*Tasty Treats: *Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe, Geppetto Catering BBQ, Zeke's
Coffee of DC, Ruben's Crepes, The Verandah (Indian), Migue's Magnificent
Mini Donuts, Stone Hearth Bakery, and Bonaparte Breads.

*Speciality: Sweet Tease Cupcakery, A Little Pottery, Great Shoals Winery*
& Mystic Water Soap.

*Entertainers:* Tomorrow for your listening pleasure- By way of Alaska,
enjoy the song stylings of *Jeffree.*

*Important Notices:*

Food safety notice: Due to a preponderance of evidence and our county's
health department regulations, dogs are no longer welcome at
the farmers market. We regret the loss but hope that our dog owning
customers will forgive us for this change.

Important note about parking: only parallel parking is allowed on Maryland
Ave (the road that passes under East-West Highway) -- please do not park in
any other manner.