[RP TownTalk] Local link in Washington's most notorious unsolved child-abduction

Chris Currie crcurrie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 13:39:48 UTC 2014

If you heard the helicopters yesterday or saw any of the TV trucks speeding
to Hyattsville, and didn't catch the TV news last night, here is what the
fuss is all about:

http://hyattsvillelife.com/hyattsville-resident-richard-welch-sr-is-person-of-interest-in-1975-disappearance-of-lyons-girls/

The scene was surreal in my neighborhood, and the stake-out continued late
into the night (haven't checked yet to see if all the media vehicles are
still there).

Less than a week after another Hyattsville resident was arrested in a
different unsolved murder-mystery, we're feeling a little dazed here ...

Chris Currie
Hyattsville

P.S.  By the way, on the right margin, you can sign up for "breaking news"
alerts from the Life & Times.  So far, these have tended to be items of
regional interest, such as water main breaks, widespread power failures,
and the like.