[RP TownTalk] Traffic in/around College Park tomorrow (Thursday)

Jen Sanderson jensan6877 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 14:22:25 UTC 2014

FYI........traffic in/around College Park tomorrow (Thursday)

Dear Campus Community,
  On Thursday, October 30, the College Democrats will host Lt. Governor
Anthony Brown and former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton at a
Brown/Ulman campaign event at Ritchie Coliseum on Route 1.  While we are
pleased to host this important event, there will be some impact on traffic and
parking during rush hour on Thursday afternoon.

The doors to Ritchie will open at 2:45 pm, the program is scheduled for 3:30
pm, and the event is expected to last approximately one hour.  The 1,800
person audience will be a combination of University of Maryland students and
Brown Campaign supporters.  We expect ticket holders to begin lining up
outside Ritchie early Thursday morning.

If you are traveling to the event, we encourage you to arrive early and leave
plenty of time to travel.   Please note that even if you have a
ticket, this is not a guarantee of entry.  The event is expected to exceed
capacity and security screenings will be in effect.  Bags will be allowed
inside Ritchie, but they will be searched at entry.

Parking on campus near Ritchie is very limited, so we encourage attendees to
carpool or take metro if possible.  We suggest ticket holders use public
transportation.  Ritchie Coliseum is about 1/2 mile from College Park
Metro.  In addition, Metrobus routes run on Route One and stop near the
venue.   University parking lots will not be available for
visitors.  We encourage visitors to park in the parking garage in the City
of College Park on Knox Road.  We also recommend using alternate routes
like Paint Branch Parkway when leaving campus.

Linda M. Clement
Vice President for Student Affairs

Thanks,
Jen