[RP TownTalk] RPFM Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 14:23:36 UTC 2014

*Riverdale Park's Farmers Market*

*TODAY: September 4, 2014 3PM - 7PM*

*@: 4650 Queensbury Road, Riverdale Park, MD*

Get your tomatoes, peaches, sweet corn, cilantro, beans, eggplant,
cantelopes, cukes, fingerling potatoes, Malabar & NZ spinach, cucumbers,
turnips, chard, jams and jellies, apples, local watermelon, pastured meats,
fresh caught local seafood, free range hen and duck eggs, fresh cut
flowers, artisan aged goat and raw milk cheeses while we enjoy the heart of
Summer. Don't miss it!  Evening hours are fun at the market!   We look
forward to seeing you Thursdays from 3pm to 7pm at the Riverdale Park Town
Center, rain or shine.

*WEATHER: *High 85F & breezy. Chance of Thunderstorms : 20%. Partly Cloudy.

*Feature Farmer: *Peachy Family Dairy (East Waterford PA) produces goat
cheeses and goat milk/fruit smoothies (go-smoothies) made milk from its
herd of 75 goats. Soft cheeses include fresh chèvres (plain and flavored),
fresh ricotta, neufchâtel and feta. Hard cheeses include versions of tomme,
romano, cheddar, gouda, and Swiss. The “go-smoothies” are sugar-free
(sweetened with agave nectar) and contain fresh seasonal fruits.

*Feature Recipe: *

Corn, Scallion & Cheddar Strata
<http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2014/09/corn-cheddar-and-scallion-strata/>

 from Smitten Kitchen

 *Growers:* Blades Orchard, Thanks God It's Fresh, Happy Hens Barnyard &
Local Seafood, Boxers Rest Farm, Musachio Produce, ECO City Farms, Groff's
Content Farm, Jack Creek Plants, Red Chimney Flower Farm, Peachy Family
Dairy (goat products).

*Tasty Treats: *Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe, Geppetto Catering BBQ, Zeke's
Coffee of DC, Ruben's Crepes, The Verandah (Indian), Migue's Magnificent
Mini Donuts, Stone Hearth Bakery, and Bonaparte Breads.

*Speciality: *Mystic Water Soaps & Shahla Abdi.

Entertainers: Pop Grass from *Jacob Panic*.

 Important Notices:

Food safety notice: Due to a preponderance of evidence and our county's
health department regulations, dogs are no longer welcome at
the farmers market. We regret the loss but hope that our dog owning
customers will forgive us for this change.

Important note about parking: only parallel parking is allowed on Maryland
Ave (the road that passes under East-West Highway) -- please do not park in
any other manner.