[RP TownTalk] Weekly Specials - Thursday, September 18 - Eggplant, Apples & More

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 04:00:18 UTC 2014

*Riverdale Park's Farmers Market*

*TOMORROW: September 18, 2014 3PM - 7PM*

*@: 4650 Queensbury Road, Riverdale Park, MD*

Get your tomatoes, peaches, sweet corn, cilantro, beans, butternut squash,
eggplant, cantelopes, cukes, fingerling & Yukon Gold potatoes, Malabar & NZ
spinach, cucumbers, turnips, chard, jams and jellies, apples, local
watermelon, pastured meats, fresh caught local seafood, free range hen and
duck eggs, fresh cut flowers, artisan aged goat and raw milk cheeses while
we enjoy the heart of Summer. Don't miss it!  Evening hours are fun at
the market!   We look forward to seeing you Thursdays from 3pm to 7pm at
the Riverdale Park Town Center, rain or shine.

*WEATHER: *High 76F & calm. Chance of Thunderstorms : 10 to 20%. We'll
see...

Feature Farmer: *Jack Creek Plants *always has something springing up from
the ground for you to plant or use in your kitchen.

*Feature Food: Add flavor & cut waste
<http://www.tastingtable.com/entry_detail/national/17877/Oxheart_Chef_Justin_Yus_Tips_For_Making_the_Most_Out_of_You.htm>*

*Feature News: *

Through the generous contributions from the Riverdale Park Town Council and
the facilitation of the Maryland State Farmers Market Association, the
Maryland Market Money program is up and running again. We will revive the
weekly $10 match of WIC & SNAP recipients' benefits on Thursday, September
11 until our budget runs out. Hopefully, the program can continue until the
end of the outdoor season on November 20.

*Growers:* Blades Orchard, Thanks God It's Fresh, Happy Hens Barnyard &
Local Seafood, Boxers Rest Farm, Musachio Produce, ECO City Farms, Groff's
Content Farm, Jack Creek Plants, Red Chimney Flower Farm, Peachy Family
Dairy (goat products).

*Tasty Treats: *Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe, Geppetto Catering BBQ, Zeke's
Coffee of DC, Ruben's Crepes, The Verandah (Indian), Migue's Magnificent
Mini Donuts, Stone Hearth Bakery, and Bonaparte Breads.

*Speciality: *Mystic Water Soaps & Shahla Abdi.

*Entertainers:* Local favorite Mary Wheatley will be offering a mix of kid
and adult music.

*Important Notices:*

Food safety notice: Due to a preponderance of evidence and our county's
health department regulations, dogs are no longer welcome at
the farmers market. We regret the loss but hope that our dog owning
customers will forgive us for this change.

Important note about parking: only parallel parking is allowed on Maryland
Ave (the road that passes under East-West Highway) -- please do not park in
any other manner.

*Got ideas for improvements?* Talk to or email Jim Coleman and share your
thoughts!  We can do it: change begins in Riverdale Park!
Bring Your Own Bag!
We are also interested in making sure folks know about us on Yelp and
Chowhound.
Shameless Promotion: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!

Here's a sample of more top-quality, locally grown/made items
available Thursday at the market:  * Peaches! * Sweet Corn, * awesome local
seafood, * Sweet Corn, * butternut squash,  * Yukon Gold potatoes, *Malabar
& NZ spinach,  *greens, etc. * Spinach, Spring Mix, * Cilantro, * Free
Range Eggs, * Fresh Chicken, * Cut & Potted flowers, * Baked Goods, *
Grass fed Beef, * Pastured Pork and Lamb * Fresh Berkshire pork Sausages *
Breads & Pastries  * Small Batch Roasted Coffee

Our favorite nationally known local food site, localharvest.org

 is always looking for more reviews of the market.

Send us your recipe with local ingredients and we'll put the best recipes
in next week's newsletter and give you a $10 Fruits & Veggies gift
certificate from the market!

Facebook is soliciting for reviews of our market. Please tell them what you
love about our market! If there's something you dislike about our market,
please tell me first so I can address it personally, rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com.
   As one customer recently told us, "Riverdale Park is the fun market!"
Each week we offer live music by award winning local artists, kids'
entertainment, and a wide selection of fresh produce and specialty items
sold directly by Maryland farmers. Held at our town center, 4650 Queensbury
Road, Riverdale Park, MD

Riverdale Park Farmers Market is supported in part by So Maryland So Good..