[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Park Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 02:45:55 UTC 2015

Riverdale Park's Farmers Market

*Tomorrow : April 9, 2015  3 - 7PM*

*@: 6204 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale MARC
station)*

Get your arugula, radishes, spicy mix, spring mix, head lettuce, pac choi,
kale, chard, spinach, claytonia, escarole, collards, microgreens and maybe
scallions, spaghetti squash, apples, pastured meats, free range hen eggs,
fresh small batch roasted coffees, anemones, pussy willow, curly willow,
daffs, snow drops, and tulips while we enjoy the beginning of Spring. Don't
miss it!  Evening hours are fun at the market!   We look forward to seeing
you Thursdays from 3 to 7pm at the Riverdale Park Town Center, rain or
shine.

*WEATHER: 68 degrees and breezy, not too bad for this week.*

*Feature Farmer: We welcome Alaskawild Seafood to the market.*

*Feature News: *

This week, we welcome back Red Chimney Farm, a flower farm out of Bowie,
MD.

Through the generous contributions from the Riverdale Park Town Council and
the facilitation of the Maryland State Farmers Market Association, the
Maryland Market Money program is up and running again. Our new match amount
for the Outdoor season is up to $7 for each $7 spent at the market.

Sorry, you won't see the following folks this week: Blades Orchard
<https://www.facebook.com/Bladesorchard>

 (technical difficulties), Full Cellar Farm ???? (back next week with
veggies until Boxer's Rest Farm comes back on 5/7), Jack Creek Plants (4/16
 or 4/23 depending on growth), The Verandah (health department issues),
Musachio Produce (need to touch base with again), Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Simple-Pleasures-Ice-Cafe/140092469358114>
 (??? working on Health Department compliance), Peachy Family Dairy  will
be back next week barring unforeseen circumstances.

Feature Recipes: This looks like a handy guide to getting more use out of
winter produce. (from Martha Stewart)
<http://www.marthastewart.com/286291/collard-greens-recipes/@center/1009854/winter-produce>

*Growers:* Groff's Content Farm - Pastured meats & eggs, ECO City Farm(arugula,
radishes, spicy mix, spring mix, head lettuce, pac choi, kale, chard,
spinach, claytonia, escarole, collards, microgreens and maybe scallions!) &
RPFM local apples.

*Tasty Treats:* Geppetto Catering BBQ, El Taco Loco, Roy & RT's Garden,
Stone Hearth Bakery.

*Speciality: Alaskawild Seafood's wild caught salmon*

*Entertainer: Charles Solomon, harmonica player extraordinaire, @ 5 PM.*

*Kid fun:* Good old sidewalk chalk!

*Sorry, the Rooster is done until we decide what to do next.*

*Important Notices:*

Food safety notice: Due to a preponderance of evidence and our county's
health department regulations, dogs are no longer welcome at
the farmers market. We regret the loss but hope that our dog owning
customers will forgive us for this change.

Important note about parking: only parallel parking is allowed on Maryland
Ave (the road that passes under East-West Highway) -- please do not park in
any other manner.