[RP TownTalk] Traffic Madness

Nina Faye ns_faye at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 13 23:59:02 UTC 2015

 We are all suffering from the traffic madness caused by the water main break.  Not only is Queensbury bumper to bumper, but many other streets in Hyattsville and Riverdale Park are seriously congested as well.  Please think about a version of this that could be caused by the Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commissions' proposal to make East West Highway a narrower boulevard.  Those of us who live on Queensbury have been very concerned about our current traffic and extremely skeptical of the MNCPP plan, which does not seem to have any concept of traffic being pushed onto our street as well as onto Nicholson, past the new elementary school.  We all need to work together to stop portions of this plan.  As its name states, East West is a HIGHWAY.  It is the major traffic artery.  Our residential streets need to be protected.  Please see the proposal at this link:   http://www.pgplanning.org/Assets/Planning/Programs+and+Projects/Community+Plans/PGPlazaTDDP/10_14_14+Plan+Refinement+Meeting+FINAL.pdf