[RP TownTalk] Closing of the UMD parking lot-clarification?

S Collins ugglywump at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 14 11:44:07 UTC 2015

RE the closure; I use the cut-through to walk home from work and on Saturdays to walk TO a bus stop where I can catch the R 12 bus, on days when my arthritis allows.  Once the road is closed, I'll have to walk a few blocks out of my way up past Gosling Pond to get where I'm going.  Not the end of the world, I'll grant you, however, walking extra distances, esp. on days when I have to use a cane, isn't fun.   Too, while the closure might be necessary, I have to think it will adversely impact local businesses - Town Center Market, S&J's, our weekly farmers market, to name a few.  (Not trying to start a fight, just my 2 cents' worth).
On the subject of construction, etc; does anyone know what's going on, on Riverdale Road, in East Riverdale?  I may have missed the 'news', but I noticed that, as you're driving east on Riverdale Road, from Mustang Drive down to East Pine Drive, almost all of the homes on the right are vacant, and many have siding, etc., stripped off.  Also saw in the Post a while back that a house in that stretch where I'd lived years ago had been sold to MD Highway Administration.  Is that part of Riverdale Road going to be widened, is it something to do with the Purple Line, or?  Thanks.