[RP TownTalk] Fwd: Attachment:: Paid Job Training for Ages 17-21

Dannielle Glaros dmglaros at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 13:24:47 UTC 2015

Please share with someone who could benefit from this experience.  Feel
free to print the flyers. They are in English and Spanish.

I am the recruitment coordinator for a  county-funded, PAID job-training
program at Joe's Movement Emporium in Mt Rainier, Md.  I am recruiting
Prince Georgians between the ages of 17-21 who are either high school
seniors or not in school to be in this program. The youth also need to be
low income.

The training is in theater tech (lighting, sound, camera work,
storytelling, digital edting, photography), and we also offer job readiness
skills training, life skills training, etc.  Participants earn $8.40/hr.
for every hour that they are here, with opportunities for additional work
and monetary bonuses. In addition, when they finish our program we fiind
internships for them and pay for the first 60 hours of their internship,
also at $8.40/hr.

We have 15 slots left for this current year.  We expecially need 18-21 year
old who are not in school and not in college. They can be high school
graduates,  drop outs, working on their GED, homeless youth, youth in
foster care, youth in the juvenile justice system, etc.

Attached is a flyer in English and Spanish.   I have hard copies I can mail
to anyone who can reach these young people or their parent/guardians.  If
you could distribute this attachment to all of your contacts in the area,
we would be very appreciative.

Please call me if you have any questions and, again, thanks for your help.

Cathy Smith
Recruitment & Outreach Coordinator
Joe's Movement Emporium
301-699-1819