[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Train Station

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 13:30:21 UTC 2015

Adrian -
First of all, welcome to town, and welcome to the MARC.  Proximity to and
convenience of the MARC was a key factor in our decision to move here 9
years ago. No regrets!!  We have one car that sits in the driveway most of
the time - it's wonderful!

I hope you learned that the MARC wasn't running today before you got to the
station!!  Generally (in my experience) if conditions are such that Federal
offices are closed, then the Camden Line that we're on will not run.  I
don't think that's a hard and fast rule, but seems usually to be the case.
They typically run the Penn Line on a holiday schedule on those days, but
that doesn't help us much.

You'll probably want to get to know MARCTracker (www.marctracker.com) which
gives you the status of the trains in real time.

Also, http://mta.maryland.gov/ is the main page of Maryland Transit
Administration, where they list advisories, closings, etc.

On their enotifications page, you can sign up for email alerts.  It was
through that alert that I learned last night that the Camden Line trains
for today were cancelled.  They also said they would make a decision on
Wednesday sometime this evening.

http://mta.maryland.gov/enotifications

Hope this helps!

Dwight Holmes