[RP TownTalk] Toddler Mama ISO: Childcare Swap (or P/T Nannyshare) and Play Buddies

Alison Spain alisonspain at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 18:18:54 UTC 2015

                                                     Happy New Year!

I am a Riverdale-based, self-employed artist looking to dial in some
regular playtime and activities for my 17-month old, as well some scheduled
work time for myself.  I am excited to connect with some other stay-at-home
and self-employed parents in the general vicinity (Northern PG, eastern
Montgomery counties).

*Childcare*
I am open to either a time swap with another parent, group of parents, or
sharing a childcare provider.  While my days are flexible, my ideal time
would be in the morning.  I'm on the crunchy side, prefer my kid to be
actively playing and exploring, outside, eating healthy, etc., but also try
not to be a total fascist.  We do a lot of exploring of our local
neighborhood and parks and consider it a good day if we got somewhat
dirty.  Gram is 17 months old and is now very excited to meet other kids
around his age and older.  It would be great to network with other
self-employed creative types that are trying to maintain some artistic
discipline in the face of demanding toddlerhood.

*Play Buddies*
Regarding play, we'd love to meet some kid and parent friends for fun at
local playgrounds and parks, hiking, bike rides, kid friendly events around
town, our house or yours.  We love outdoor stuff and having fun in nature,
doing some hiking with a carrier or biking with the trailer, then stopping
to investigate puddles and mud.  A little adult conversation and wit would
be welcome as well. I'm from the area, but lived out west for years, and
seeking some more laid back and outdoorsy community.

Hablo español como segunda lengua y me gusta practicar.

Please feel free to forward. Thanks!

Alison

*Alison Spain*
ALS Studio + Design