[RP TownTalk] (no subject)

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 04:45:22 UTC 2015

*Riverdale Park's Farmers Market*

*TOMORROW: January 8, 2014 3PM - 7PM*

*@: 6204 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD*

Get your radishes, cilantro, beans, butternut squash, spaghetti squash,
white potatoes, sweet potatoes, eggplant, cukes, kale, raab, cucumbers,
turnips, chard, jams and jellies, apples, pastured meats, fresh caught
local seafood, free range hen and duck eggs, fresh small batch roasted
coffees, goat gelato, fried goat cheese curds, artisan aged goat and raw
milk cheeses while we enjoy the beginning of Fall. Don't miss it!  Evening
hours are fun at the market!   We look forward to seeing you Thursdays
from 3 to 7pm at the Riverdale Park Town Center, rain or shine.

*WEATHER: *High will be a balmy 21F, outside but it will be temperate and
cozy at our new indoor location. Chance of rain : 0% until 7 PM. We'll
see...

Feature Farmer:

Our new Winter Market farmer is *REX Farms Orchard*. They will be offering
Fuji, Gala, Pink Lady, Cameo and Goldrush apples. I will also have our
Apple butter, Apple sauce, cider and honey.

*Feature News: *

This week, we start our  Winter Market from *January 8 to March 26,
2015*. *We'll
be right next door to the parking lot @ 6204 Rhode Island Avenue from 3 to
7 PM Thursdays.* Plans are going great for our beautiful rustic space
indoors. We are working with Neighborhood Design Center and the design is
very cool. We had 100 pallets donated from Central Services Office of the
Prince George's County government. We also have great professional help
from Bob Bolton of  Groff's Content Farm, local electrician, Whitey
McGowan, pro bono architects, Allie O'Neil & Alexeus Nicol, great vendors,
Shahla Abdi & Michelle Burns. We still need volunteer help with painting
and interior design elements. If you or your kids are interested in being a
part of this effort, contact Jim Coleman @ rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com with the
subject line of Volunteer for more info. Once the Statement of Work is
completed, we will be ready to enlist lots of volunteers.

Through the generous contributions from the Riverdale Park Town Council and
the facilitation of the Maryland State Farmers Market Association, the
Maryland Market Money program is up and running again. We will continue the
weekly $10 match of WIC (until November 30 & SNAP recipients' benefits each
Thursday until our budget runs out. Hopefully, the program can continue
until the end of the outdoor season on December 18 (*new date!*).

*Feature Recipes: *

*Growers:* REX Farms Orchard,  Cat's Paw Organic Farm, ECO City Farms,
Groff's Content Farm, Peachy Family Dairy (goat products).

*Tasty Treats: *Ruben's Crepes, Roy & RT's Garden & Kitchen, Stone Hearth
Bakery.

*Speciality: * The Verandah Indian Food, Romano Winery & Zeke's Coffee of
DC

*Entertainers:* Local musician Miles Spicer of MSG will be playing this
week from 5 to 7 PM.

*Important Notices:*

Food safety notice: Due to a preponderance of evidence and our county's
health department regulations, dogs are no longer welcome at
the farmers market. We regret the loss but hope that our dog owning
customers will forgive us for this change.

Important note about parking: only parallel parking is allowed on Maryland
Ave (the road that passes under East-West Highway) -- please do not park in
any other manner.

*Got ideas for improvements?* Talk to or email Jim Coleman and share your
thoughts!  We can do it: change begins in Riverdale Park!
Bring Your Own Bag!
We are also interested in making sure folks know about us on Yelp and
Chowhound.
Shameless Promotion: Check us out on Twitter and Facebook!

Our favorite nationally known local food site, localharvest.org is always
looking for more reviews of the market.

Send us your recipe with local ingredients and we'll put the best recipes
in next week's newsletter and give you a $10 Fruits & Veggies gift
certificate from the market!

Facebook is soliciting for reviews of our market. Please tell them what you
love about our market! If there's something you dislike about our market,
please tell me first so I can address it personally, rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com.
   As one customer recently told us, "Riverdale Park is the fun market!"
Each week we offer live music by award winning local artists, kids'
entertainment, and a wide selection of fresh produce and specialty items
sold directly by Maryland farmers. Held at our town center, 6404 Rhode
Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD

Riverdale Park Farmers Market is supported in part by So Maryland So Good..